Friday, January 20, 2012

When did my toddler turn into a cat

Watching a child develop from infant into an independant little person with ideas of her own is pretty incredible. My baby is stepping into toddlerhood. I knew that my little one would be exploring and teaching herself about the world, but I had no idea that she would turn into a cat.

That's right... I said that my child acts like a cat.














In fact, she's even taken up playing with a ball of yarn... no lie. But it's not just this one little cliche thing. Check out some of these quotes and replace "cat" with "toddler."

  • These aren't my thoughts, they're my cat walking on the keyboard.
  • To a cat, "No!" means "Not while I'm looking".
  • A cats worst enemy is a closed door.
  • Anything not nailed down is a cat toy.
  • Never try to outstubborn a cat
  • cat will ignore you until you really need to get something done.

  • Cat Quotes

    See what I mean? Now, I know that all kids are different and there are adults that act like cats, too, but the transformation for my own little one was so stark... it took me a bit by surprise. The line between "I really need you to hold me right now" and "Um, excuse me I'm kind of busy and can't hang out with you right now... could you please stop looking at me... I'm trying to do something here" can be crossed in a milisecond and without any warning. If you persist, there could be consequences. Don't start paying attention to someone else... the toddler must have you to themselves. If you're hanging out reading a book, they REALLY need you to do something right now. If you want to cuddle... "um, sorry... I'm kinda of busy right now."

    With a toddler, you never know what to expect. Just like with cats. I kind of love it.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment